Thursday, April 12, 2007

difference between the 2 sampling

The major difference according to me between simple random sampling and convenience sampling is
1.
That each individual is chosen entirely by chance and every individual has the same chance of getting selected. I.e. it represents the entire population.
And convenience sampling is based on easy availability of the sample. Therefore, Convenience sampling does not represent the entire population so it is considered bias.
2.
There is a systematic way of choosing the sample
Whereas, in the case of convenience sample, one can randomly choose a location and make them their sample.

1 comment:

Hemangi said...

hey! I'm glad that you could post a reponse! I hope you can respond to all my earlier posts too! You could look for them through my blog and if you need a list of them let me know.